Location: Texarkana, TX
Status: Full Time
The Account Executive will provide education regarding home hospice benefits and services to the community. He/she serves as a liaison between the agency and its patients, physicians, and discharge planners. The Account Executive is a hunter territory manager with the highest quota expectations and is responsible for new business development and networking. He/she will partner with the Clinical Care Coordinator’s per market with the target of client census growth.
- Educate Physicians about the services available through home health.
- Maintain contact with referral sources to update them on changes in Medicare/Medicaid regulations.
- Assist agency in maintaining compliance by delivering physician orders to offices and facilitate in obtaining signatures.
- Enhance awareness of hospice services in the community by interfacing with discharge planners, hospitals and physician staff.
- Maintain committed and cooperative attitude with all job duties.
- Be available to assist the community with wellness and prevention.
- Participate in community-sponsored events and expositions.
- Stay current with regulatory changes in the home health industry.
- Prepare educational materials.
- Know your company and the product lines.
- Make a minimum of 50 contact calls (referral sources) weekly to include following objectives:
- Develop relationships with physician offices, discharge planners, and other potential referral sources.
- Utilize consultative sales training to manage Top 30 accounts above and beyond monthly expectations.
- Partner with CCC and HCC teams to effectively manage time and expand visibility and service to additional referral sources.
- Identify decision-makers at various sites and know their names.
- Maintain calendar and activities in RSL.
- Provide educational information related to the home health industry.
- Follow up with referral sources at least once per month: provide outcomes.
- Deliver and pick up Dr.’s orders as needed.
- Discuss problem patients with the ADON, DON or Administrator on potential issues that relate to physicians.
- Relay complaints related to any JHS patient to the appropriate ADON, DON or Supervisor.
- Performs other duties as directed by the Supervisor.
- Maintains availability at all times during schedules work hours.
- Generates company minimum of 4 Medicare admissions per calendar week.
- Prepare and turn in daily, weekly and bi-weekly reports to your Supervisor, as required.
- Record and maintain daily activities in RSL.
- Attend scheduled Staff planning and assessment meetings, as required.
- Understands, adheres to, and performs all duties in accordance with established agency policies and procedures as addressed in the JHS/Cima Employee Handbook and Administrative Policy/Procedure Manual.
- Understands and agrees to comply with JHS/Cima Corporate Compliance Plan and HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices and Security Standards.
- Agrees to not advertise false, misleading, or deceptive information that is not readily subject to verification nor in compliance with established agency and/or federal/state policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and other Characteristics:
- College degree or work related experience required.
- Two or more years of documented sales success.
- Must have knowledge of healthcare industry with specific focus on hospice and home care healthcare.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be self motivated with high energy and work ethic.
- Must have a passion for senior care.
- Maintains a positive attitude in dealing with co-workers, consumers, and referral sources.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses well developed interpersonal skills.
- Has the ability to organize work and schedule time effectively.
- Has the ability to operate equipment such as fax machines, handheld computer, phone systems, printers and copiers.
- Possesses or is willing to learn the use of computers in relation to his/her responsibilities.
Posted on August 30, 2016
by Cima Hospice