Location: Sulphur Springs and Mount Vernon, TX
Status: Per Diem
Description: Cima Hospice in Texarkana, Texas has an immediate opening for a PRN Chaplain to service the Sulphur Springs and Mount Vernon, TX areas.
- Primary function is to provide spiritual care in the home to patients in the age group served by Cima Hospice and perform spiritual assessments, analysis and counseling and referral to meet the needs of the patient and their family/significant others.
- Master of Divinity, preferred
- Must have a current Texas Driver’s License.
- Must have at least one year of experience as a Chaplain in a health care setting.
- Must possess a working knowledge of community spiritual resources available to assist patients and their families/significant others as needs are identified.
- Must complete Cima’s on the job internship training with an assigned mentor utilizing agency specific competency modules.
- Employee will function under the supervision of a mentor until competency has been demonstrated in all appropriate areas.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibition of good judgment and ability to work independently.
- May be required to work under stressful conditions to meet deadlines and to make quick decisions and resource acquisition in order to meet patient/family/significant others psychosocial needs.
- Must possess a motor vehicle in good working condition, which is available during work hours, with current proof of insurance.
- Must agree to and pass a criminal history background check.
We offer an excellent compensation package with a positive, professional work environment. Qualified applicants can apply online by clicking Apply Now.
Posted on July 21, 2016
by Cima Hospice