Location: Corpus Christi, TX
Status: Per Diem
Description: Cima Hospice has an immediate opening for a PRN CNA.
- Must have a compassionate attitude toward the care of terminally ill patients in their home, or nursing homes.
- Must be able to read, write, and carry out directions.
- Must demonstrate maturity, and possess the ability to deal effectively with the varying demands of the job.
- Provides support services, under the direction of the Hospice RN and in accordance with written physician orders and Plan of Care established by the IDT for each patient.
- Duties include assisting the patient and/or family in the achievement of physical and emotional comfort according to the patient’s plan of care through ambulation and exercise, light household tasks, assistance with ADL, and the performance of basic procedures as an extension of therapeutic services.
- Responsible to recognize and report changes in the patient’s conditions and needs to the Hospice RN.
- High School graduate or GED
- Current state certification as a nurse assistant is preferred.
- Must have at least 24 consecutive months of compensated services as a home health or hospice aid or nursing assistant, or completion of an equivalent training program which meets the State and Joint Commission training requirements prior to providing service.
- Must complete Cima’s on the job internship training with an assigned mentor utilizing agency specific competency modules.
- Employee will function under the supervision of a mentor until competency has been demonstrated in all appropriate areas.
- Must possess a motor vehicle in good working condition, which is available during work hours, with current proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license.
- Must demonstrate skills necessary to provide care to patients in all age groups.
- Must agree to and pass a criminal history background check.
We offer an excellent compensation package with a positive, professional work environment. Qualified applicants can apply online by clicking Apply Now.
Posted on July 21, 2016
by Cima Hospice