Location: Sulphur Springs and Mount Vernon, TX
Status: Per Diem
Description: Cima Hospice in Texarkana, Texas has an immediate opening for a PRN Social Worker to service the Sulphur Springs and Mount Vernon, TX areas.
- Primary function is to provide coordinated care in the home to patients in the age groups served by Cima Hospice and perform psychosocial assessments, analysis, counseling and referrals to meet the needs of the patient and their family/significant others.
- Has a Master of Social Work (MSW) degree from a school of social work accredited by the council on Social Work Education; or
- Has a baccalaureate degree in social work from an institution accredited by the Council on Social Work Education; or a baccalaureate degree in psychology, sociology, or other field related to social work and is supervised by a MSW and has 1 year of social work experience in a healthcare setting; or
- Has a baccalaureate degree from a school of social work accredited by the Council on Social Work Education, is employed by the Hospice Agency before December 2, 2008, and is not required to be supervised by a MSW.
- Must be certified in the State of the Agency location where they will be practicing as a Social Worker.
- Must have a current Texas Driver’s License.
- Must have at least one year of experience as a Social Worker in a health care related setting.
- Must possess a working knowledge of community resources available to assist patient’s and their family/significant others as needs are identified.
- Must complete Cima's on the job internship training with an assigned mentor utilizing agency specific competency modules.
- Employee will function under the supervision of a mentor until competency has been demonstrated in all appropriate areas.
- Strong leadership and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exhibition of good judgment and ability to work independently.
- May be required to work under stressful conditions to meet deadlines and to make quick decisions and resource acquisition in order to meet patient/family/significant others psychosocial needs.
- Must possess a motor vehicle in good working condition, which is available during work hours, with current proof of insurance and a valid driver’s license.
- Must agree to and pass a criminal history background check.
We offer an excellent compensation package with a positive, professional work environment. Qualified applicants can apply online by clicking Apply Now.
Posted on July 21, 2016
by Cima Hospice